27 September 2012

The naked domain that just won't work

Since I'm serious regarding my blog revival, I have done some changes throughout my blog. It is as simple as cosmetic since I have changed the theme yet again. I also have did a major change which is the domain pointing.

Initially since from the beginning, I have redirect my domain to a cpanel account that were given for free by my good old classmate that owned This was due to he needs to use the WHM's DNS feature to point my domain to google and add the CNAME record. Back then, both of us were quite newbie  on this stuff.

So to cut things short, yesterday I have decided to use the DNS feature that came together inside my domain control panel and points directly to google. I know that my cpanel account seems still active, but I don't think it will stay there forever. So the best way is to point it directly to google.

Wut the heck???

The instructions were crystal clear, but somehow I end up getting 404 error page while browsing in the web browser. It was quite weird since I followed the instruction carefully. It was getting weirder when I discovered that the is working instead. This was quite puzzling. Working in the webhosting industry myself, I have made sure that I didn't do any mistake. By the logic of how the DNS works, mine was pretty much correct.

So the past 24 hours, I have been modifying the DNS records, until I found this:

Grrrrrr.... no wonder how many countless fixing that I have done, it still won't work. This was due to bug from the blogger instead. So I guess for now, sit and wait till the fixed the issue =.=


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...